Over the last year and as a result of TWC leadership, coordination, and/or joint action:
- The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA) passed a resolution addressing the critical role and unique needs of women living with and affected by HIV
- The White House established a Working Group on the Intersection of HIV/AIDS, Violence Against Women and Girls, and Gender-related Health Disparities
- The 30 for 30 Campaign, of which TWC is a founding member, was honored for efforts to ensure that the needs of women living with and affected by HIV are addressed in the national response to HIV by The National Association of People with AIDS (NAPWA) and the Treatment Access Expansion Project
- The XIX International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2012) and related events included a significant number of presentations on women and girls
- Informed a national domestic violence (DV) training curriculum targeting domestic violence and HIV providers in partnership with the National Network to End Domestic Violence to highlight the intersection of DV and HIV
Would you like to learn more? Contact Martha Sichone-Cameron, Policy & Advocacy Manager, at 202.483.7003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.